Highly accomplished creative visionary with extensive professional experience developing solutions for print and web. Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, and lead creative teams, as well as produce and develop creative content for retail, manufacturing and non-profit sectors. Proven track record of resource utilization, producing successful creative campaigns and managing global brands.
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, Austin, TX • October 2013 – Present
Co-lead on several statewide campaigns, design and develop printed material.
Collaborate with designers and department director to develop the creative work for new statewide initiatives. Work directly with department manager on the editing and proofreading of internal print publications. Conduct face-to-face meetings with internal customers to pitch creative campaigns and concepts
• Initiated the redesign of all monthly and quarterly publications to standardize company brand
• Redesign materials as needed to ensure that all communication adheres to brand guidelines
• Developed brand templates for statewide usage
• Collaborated on and spearheaded campaigns for several key statewide initiatives
Senior Graphic Designer
JHA MARKETING, Austin, TX • November 2011 – October 2013
Served as lead designer on key accounts, led the design and development of printed material and client websites. Charged with handling all company social media efforts, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Collaborated with designers and VP of Business Development to develop new business pitches and RFPs.
• Spearheaded the redesign of corporate website
• Developed branding campaigns and websites for several key accounts
• Winner of 2013 Communicator Awards, 2012 Marcom Awards and 2013 SIAA Awards
Assistant Executive Director
UGOPRINT, West Palm Beach, FL • January – July 2011
Led team of designers and administrative personnel. Delegated duties to staff and managed all company expenditures. Mentored and trained junior-level staff members. Maintained production schedule and quality control of all client projects. Conducted face-to-face meetings with clients to sell creative campaigns and concepts.
• Developed standard operating procedures manual for each department
• Spearheaded the transition from an established quickprint retail business to a full-service ad agency
REACTION STUDIOS, Austin, TX & West Palm Beach, FL • 2009-Present
Worked directly with clients on the creation of corporate identities, web graphics, logos, and brochures. Generate content for both print and web publications. Conduct face-to-face client meetings with clients to sell creative campaigns and concepts. Manage workflow and billing.
Director of Publications
CHOSEN PEOPLE MINISTRIES, New York, NY • 2007-2009
Led the design and development of multi-tiered direct mail campaigns. Managed national teams of artists, designers, writers, web developers and production managers, and delegated duties to staff. Developed online content for corporate website and subsidiary sites. Collaborated with VP of Communications on the editing and proofreading of all print and web publications. Conceptualized publication plans for both print and web for executive team approval. Directed advertising initiatives to increase brand awareness and donor revenue.
• Reduced monthly publication costs by 30%, enabling increase in mail quantity
• Initiated the redesign of all monthly publications to enhance marketability to younger donor base
• Collaborated with web personnel to transition older print material to completely online format
• Launched targeted ad campaigns across the US, introducing the brand to new markets
• Reduced print material delivery time to staff in the field by 50% by using strategic vendor partnerships.
FAMILY CHURCH, West Palm Beach, Florida • 2003-2007
Served on executive team, was senior advisor on all matters of corporate communications. Directed team of designers, writers and web developers. Mentored and trained junior-level staff members. Conceptualized web content for weekly eblasts. Spearheaded the development, deployment, and content management of main and subsidiary websites, and established standards for web publications. Edited and proofread all corporate publications. Developed advertising plan for print and web to increase brand recognition in the community. Initiated cost-cutting measures through outsourcing and volunteer involvement programs.
• Developed promotional campaign and advertising that resulted in designated grants for a new community medical clinic for low-income families
• Spearheaded the development and implementation of online donation / registration system
• Interfaced with outside developers and IT team to transition from a simple HTML based site to a CMS based site
• Conceptualized and implemented site-wide wayfinding system to acclimate new visitors to the campus
• Standardized corporate logo and brand, and developed corporate identity manual
MWI Corporation, Deerfield Beach, FL – Director of Graphic Design
JWT, Boca Raton, FL – Graphic Designer
HARPER & CASE, New York, NY – Graphic Designer
Houghton College, Houghton NY
• B.A. Art major/Writing minor, Graphic Design and Painting emphasis
• Winner of 2013 Communicator Awards, 2012 Marcom Awards and 2012 SIAA Award
• Board of Directors, Austin Art Boards 2012 and 2013
• Proficient on both Mac and PC platforms
• Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
• Intermediate proficiency Keynote, Prezi, HTML, CSS, Content Management Systems, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro
• Extensive experience with large format printers, plotters and laminating equipment